Automate common design tasks while simplifying drawing documentation with powerful features in AutoCAD® Mechanical software that help you to:
Produce more accurate, consistent drawings and increase productivity with a new 700,000 standard parts library that reduces the need to draw many mechanical designs from scratch. Library includes:
- Screws, nuts, and washers
- Pins, rivets, and bushings
- Plugs, lubricators, and sealing rings
- Bearing and shaft components
- Structural steel shapes
- Through, tapped, blind, and oblong holes
- Undercuts, keyways, and thread ends
Save time by easily re-editing features without having to remove and re-create the original feature. New reusable mechanical drawing detailing tools include:
- Detail views—create linked views at different scales
- Hole charts—Automatically update charts for the shop floor
- Title and revision blocks—English and metric versions are available
Spend less time on repetitive tasks and more time creating with tools that automate common processes and help improve efficiency:
- Layer management system places items on the correct layer, with correct color and line type, as you work.
- Eliminate the need for time-consuming redrawing with hidden lines that update as you make changes.
- Create parts according to your specifications and save time when building mechanisms manually with new machinery generators and calculators. Reports and analytics for the designs are provided as you work and make changes.
- Quickly access files, blocks, line types, and styles with Content Explorer, which creates an index of data based on where you instruct it to look.
- Create multiple dimensions with minimal input. Abbreviated dialog boxes and smart dimensioning tools force overlapping dimensions to automatically space themselves more appropriately.
Collaborate more easily and productively with:
- Part publishing support for custom parts that allows you to create and share custom parts within your organization.
- Automated and associative parts lists and BOMs (bills of material) that update as you make design changes, helping you keep team members updated and on-task throughout.
- Content manager live update allows you to get live updates to your standard parts library and optionally, those within your drawings.